Friday, April 22, 2011

CHILDHOOD MEMORY

As I was walking along the River walk yesterday, I came across these little wildflowers.  I don't know if they have a name, but I've seen them around for years.  All of a sudden, I was a little girl again, as I sat down in the grass and started picking a few.
We used to spend hours making bracelets out of these by tying them together.

It's funny how your childhood sneaks up on you and jumps in your face when you least expect it.  At a small group meeting this week a question was asked that had me telling about a memory I still hold so dear when I was about 5 years old.  While playing outside, I was suddenly overcome with a feeling of being COMPLETELY loved, and such a PEACE in knowing that my heavenly Father was with me, and in control of my life.  Forty something years later, I can honestly say that He has never left me.  I haven't always followed as closely or listened to his guidance like I should have , but He has always been faithful, and kept me safe from so many things.  And even when I've made BIG mistakes, he has worked it for my good just like he promised in Rom. 8:28.

More than ever, I'm looking forward to celebrating this Easter season.

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!!
ENJOY YOUR FAMILY!

No comments: