Monday, January 10, 2011

COUSINS




Some of my fondest childhood memories are of playing with my cousins, Margaret and Camille.  It's kinda sad when everyone grows up and get busy with their lives.  You don't get to see each other as much, but there are always certain memories that only they share, and certain jokes that only your cousins get.

I love how in Hawaii, all the natives call everyone else "Coosin".  It's because they believe everyone on the island came from island ancestors, and even if they've never met, they could trace back far enough to discover they are distant cousins.  This belief propels them to be pleasant and congenial to strangers.  Couldn't this be true of the whole human race, really?!  I love the thought!




My girls and I have always loved hanging out with our cousins/family.  They are kind of 'built-in friends" that God supplied us with.



These guys are learning to play together, and we can't wait to see what shenanigans they get into!

No comments: