Monday, March 9, 2009

Still Learning (but still forgetting to charge the camera!)

Here are the pictures I took at the first photography class at church with Skip Baumhauwer. It was really fun and very educational. (It was total information-overload. I took 4 pages of notes!) It was really neat how he brought in models. 

Model #1:
One-Eyed Willy - a dog from the local pound. He was really sweet and I hope he gets adopted soon. 

Model #2: 
Amos Kennedy - a former computer programmer who quit to follow his dream of becoming a printing artist. He is at Kentuck selling his posters every year. He brought some of his printing letters with him. He was a very interesting man. I liked his boots. 


2 comments:

Terri said...

Amos is so cute and so is Willie with the right lighting. You've got potential, kid!

Kelsey said...

good photos! i know, learning everything about how to work a camera, etc. is extremely overwhelming at first...

And you gotta love Amos Kennedy and his overalls... even though he has a pretty BIG personality. I have met him a few times, and kind of scared me at first. His story behind how he got involved letterpessing and making posters is interesting. I saw this film last semester and it was pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NRCcRSLcE&feature=related

I hope you are enjoying the beginning of your photography class! it seems really fun